I am member of daniweb since last 2 and half years. That was very good when i joined this. But now its just rubbish here. No one try to help others. I had post 5 different threads but i didnt find any solid suggesstion, any sound solution. In my following thread

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread312350.html

no one helped me on this till now. I am waiting for last 24 hours but no help.

P0lT10n commented: If no one respond, dont say that the community is getting bad... no one know the answer maybe... +0

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Perhaps because no one has the answer hmm?
If it's that pressing and you don't mind feeling like an idiot... http://stackoverflow.com/

[Steps to solve almost every problem]
1. Look at the code, piece by piece.
2. Try an alternative method to doing what you want to do.
3. Look up information or documentation on the tools you're using.
4. Google.
5. Google.
6. Google more.
7. Get tired of google and come back later.
8. Get a good idea and watch it fail.
9. Go back thoroughly through the information and or documentation you've already gone through several times.
10. Ask on a forum.
11. While waiting for a possible solution, continue experimenting.
12. Checking back to the forum frequently to see if there has been a reply WHILE continuing to play the trial and error game.
13. Try a solution if the thread has received one.
14. Repeat.

[Edit]
I've started 4 topics myself and only 1 has ever received a reply. The rest I had to answer on my own.

Member Avatar for diafol

To be honest Bzz, I've stopped contributing because the forum is full of 'help me quick' demands. The same old tired questions keep on being posted. People are too lazy to search the forums or google. Even worse, they are too lazy to search forums on sites where the app they're using is held.

Demanding help will ensure that I won't ever do so.

Bitching about the fact that nobody answers those demands means that I will add said perp to my Ignore List.

BTW - programmatically placing text into a FCKEditor is easy. Copying from one to the other is dead easy. Works for the newer CKEditor too.

@BzzBee
Working on my website I also used to do this...I also used to post in a forum and wait for replies. Don't wait, search for answers on google, If you get fed up after a couple of hours, get a cup of coffee and think of something else, then come back and look at it with patience...

Daniweb is not a useless forum, maybe people visiting your thread might not have answers to it.

I see your thread and the question has been answered :)

Excuse Me Mr/Miss Nyight.... I have more experience than you and what you think, if i had a problem, i just come to forum and start posting???? No Way, I tried to find issues from google 100 times, tried to solve issues by my own and yess most of the issues are solved by my own, but my question is, what is the purpose of this forum if no one can give timly help. If one's need to solve all the problems by own then why is this rubbish forum here???

Excuse Me Mr/Miss Nyight.... I have more experience than you and what you think, if i had a problem, i just come to forum and start posting???? No Way, I tried to find issues from google 100 times, tried to solve issues by my own and yess most of the issues are solved by my own, but my question is, what is the purpose of this forum if no one can give timly help. If one's need to solve all the problems by own then why is this rubbish forum here???

Can you answer the questions to my own threads then?

Member Avatar for diafol

As I've added said perp to my Ignore List, can't see what the message says, but I assume that there's more of the same. If a forum no longer meets your needs ... it's just a question of saying goodbye and moving on. Bye.

I just read your thread http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread312350.html

First of, you've been waiting for 22hours (at the time of this post). Secondly, about 2 hours after your post there a reply from someone helping you. I not sure what the status is about you other 5 post but judging from the link in your current post, all you asked was

"i want to put some data in fck editor when user click a button. How can i do that using javascript."

Maybe if you shared your code and showed us what effort you put into this, we'll be more inclined to help you and it'll also give us more of an idea of what you're trying to achieve.

Just because you didn't receive the answer you're looking for, calling this forum 'useless' is just plain ignorance on your part.

Frankly - I agree with the pro-forum side.
BzzBee, I looked at you post and I answered it with questions.
Damn - we can help you, but you seriously need to vacation first.
When your done your vacation come back to Daniweb knowing the following 3 things:
1.Your not paying us so be greatful
2.You questions are seriously vague and we need to guess what you really want.
3.If you can't explain something in detail, put it in bullets - it really works.

BzzBee, this thread is not a PHP discussion and is therefore off-topic here. If you wish to post community feedback, there is a forum to do so.

Also, as already mentioned above, everyone answering questions here is doing so voluntarily. Complaining that they are not solving your issues in a timely manner and calling the forum rubbish is not likely to make others more enthusiastic about helping you.

Closing this thread. Feel free to post in Community Feedback if desired.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.