hi i need some help with a project i am working on.

i basically have a back end site php/mysql with clients addresses etc, i need to be able to send that data to another site where they have login and passord for and it pre populate the forms in the other site as best as it can.

so what i was thinking was storing their login in the users table along with their username and password for the current site.

then when they choose a client to send data to the other site it somehow sends the data automatically logs them in and pre populates the name and address.

anyone help me at all, i think i know in theory but no idea what i need to do, script wise or have i missed anything needed?

many thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Why don't you use the same database? You could then transfer an 'id' to the websites.

yep, using 1 database is best
otherwise you'd be synchronising the whole time

thanks however i dont have any control over the site. i just have their login details for each user but the other site needs me to send it ver and i am not sure how i would do this?

thanks again

let them create an xml file dynamically from the database on a secured location
I think that would be the easiest solution

thanks for the reply, so how do i get data into my database from this and how do i send the data to them. do they need to allow me to add code to their pages?

many thanks

i basically have a back end site php/mysql with clients addresses etc, i need to be able to send that data to another site where they have login and passord for and it pre populate the forms in the other site as best as it can.

but then you said "thanks however i dont have any control over the site." If you have zero control over their site, you cannot populate the fields yourself. The closest you can do is, IF their site already has a form in place that is expecting the other data (like first and last name etc) then you can first retrieve the data from your site and post it theirs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.