In My applicatin I have added an AutoCompleteExtender to a TextBox. The web method queries a database and returns Employee names for the Auto Completion. This works great and is very snazzy! However, I would like to populate other controls on the page based upon the text that is entered in the TextBox. For example, if a user selects employee Joe Schmoe, I may want to show Joe's hire date in a label control.

I have discovered that the AutoComplete seems to suppress the TextChanged Event, which is what I was going to use to go get the other info. If I just type garbage in the text box and tab out, the event fires. However if I choose one of the AutoComplete suggestions and tab out it does not fire. I have tried this with and without an UpdatePanel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Was wondering if you can use OnClinetItemSelected property of AutoCompleteExtender to execute a js function which in turn calls some page Method or causes postback.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.