For my project I am sending the HTML value from one text editor. For that I had set the character set to UTF-8. Here I am sending value through URL. In the text editor I am Providing the facility of changing the color of text.

Now when I change the color of text then on the servlet page where I had to get those values and to store it on database, am not able to get the entire value from URL. I am just getting the value before '#' symbol.

Ex.
I am sending following HTML value from URL.

<p>Add Your Text<font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FFCC33"> Here.</font></p>

and while getting this value on servlet I got URL:

localhost:23056/OUMS/recent_event?text=%3Cp%3EAdd%20Your%20Text%3Cfont%20class=%22Apple-style-span%22%20color=%22#FFCC33%22%3E%20Here.%3C/font%3E%3C/p%3E%20%20&col_id=c1

And when I display the value of 'text' variable then it shows:

<p>Add Your Text<font class="Apple-style-span" color="

Here U can see that in URL of servlet that I am not able to get the value after symbol "#".

What's the Solution of this??

Please Reply fast...
:icon_confused:

simple solution to this problem is use ajax for updating your page.
send your html code on some event.It will definitely works.

Malav:

I am sending the HTML values on click event via javascript though it creates problem.....

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions I had tried URLEncoding but still it was causing problem in safari browser where it was working perfectly with mozila.
So I find another way that now I am sending the value through hidden variable to servlet and now it is working perfectly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.