Hi. I have question regarding jquery. I would like to know is it possible to put two href into one therefore i can use two different css for one jquery?

<link type="text/css" href="css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />	
		<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.min.js"></script>		

<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='../fullcalendar/fullcalendar.css' />
<script type='text/javascript' src='../jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../jquery/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.min.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../fullcalendar/fullcalendar.min.js'></script>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I can't quite penetrate your requirement here lf.gene.

As it stands you have two different versions of jQuery (the second would overwrite the first), two identical versions of jQuery-ui served from different directories (again, the second would overwrite the first), and one version of fullcalendar (that's fine).

The way you phrased your question, "... two different css for one jquery", makes me wonder if you have a misunderstanding about the relationship between jQuery and CSS.

jQuery and CSS are quite independent of each other. You can have a page with CSS and no jQuery, and conversely a page with jQuery and no CSS.

The only way they interact with each other (in normal usage) is via the document (DOM). CSS applies initial styles to the DOM while jQuery (paragmatically speaking) interrogates and/or manipulates the DOM.

With that understanding, does your line up of <script> and <link> tags still make sense?

Airshow

Ok, i understood. But however, i need both different function from different jquery. Is there any way that i can make use both of the jquery?

Yes, all your required CSS and jQuery functions will be available to you with :

<link type="text/css" href="css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../fullcalendar/fullcalendar.css" />
<script type='text/javascript' src='../jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../jquery/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.min.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='../fullcalendar/fullcalendar.min.js'></script>

There's only ever ONE jQuery.

The first script tag installs jQuery.

The second and third script tags add functions to the first jQuery.

Airshow

Thanks for your help..however it dont seem to be working. The <div> is unable to call out the theme and calendar i want.

Exactly how to write the HTML, CSS and javascript is another question ......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.