Good Day to All:

This is my first post here, so I apologize upfront for any etiquette violations. Please feel free to point them out.

My Dilemma

I have built a site in WordPress that is a business directory site. The idea is that a business owner will have their own Web page on our site, so that people can come and search by various parameters to locate a business in which to work with.

When a business owner wants to join, they fill out a form with various pieces of information, such as business name, industry, business description, contact information, etc. Once they click the Submit button I need to programmatically (automatically) create a new Web page for their business by pulling the information from the form and re-direct them to said page. I'm currently using a WordPress plug-in called Formidable Pro for the form.

Questions

1) Is this possible?
2) If so, can someone point me in the right direction to accomplish this?

Thank you all for your time in reading this post. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

My best to you,

Todd

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hopefully someone with Wordpress experience can get you closer than I, but I believe you will wind up having to research the Wordpress API. When you add a page manually, it likely calls the API to create the page. That's the API call you will be needing.

While waiting for a better answer you might try searching for 'wordpress api addpage' or something similar.

If you have a template for the page you want to create (e.g. in a file) and you read it, modify it with the custom information and then write it out as a file (but with a php suffix, then you will have a new page. If the custom information is more than trivial, then you might get some benefit from a templating system like RainTPL or Smarty. You still have the challenge of how to integrate this into your Wordpress environment. Whatever Formidable Pro uses as the "action" for the form is where you will need to insert the custom code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.