Hello gurus

I am making a website for my friend. In the website i have included a contact us page in which a potential client would send an email. heres the address of the page if it helps, SNIP, it is constantly changing cause i am trying new techniques but the basic principles are the same. A name textfield, email textfield and question/comment textarea. So the user would send an email to an address, yahoo address, and get a reply. When i run the site through Visual web developer 2010 express it works flawlessly, sends the email just fine. However when i upload it, on a godaddy server, it dont do squat! I am using System.net.mail and have read that this package has a problem with SSL, something which i am new to also.

I do not have a SSL certificate on my godaddy domain, if that information helps.

here is my C# code

protected void Sub_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        try
        {
            MailMessage mM = new MailMessage();
            mM.From = new MailAddress("emailt@yahoo.com");
            mM.To.Add("email@yahoo.com");
            mM.Subject = txtEmail.Text;
            mM.Body = txtName.Text + txtComment.InnerText;
            mM.IsBodyHtml = true;
            mM.Priority = MailPriority.High;
            SmtpClient sC = new SmtpClient("smtp.mail.yahoo.com");
            sC.Port = 587;
            sC.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("email@yahoo.com", "password"); //username password
            //sC.EnableSsl = true;
            sC.Send(mM);
            // = "Mail Send Successfully";
    //        lbReport.ForeColor = Color.Green;

}
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
  //          lbReport.Text = ex + "Mail Sending Fail's";
  //          lbReport.ForeColor = Color.Red;
        }
    }

I just want to know how i can send an email.

thank you

k i made some changes to the code. I am now using the email that i activated on go daddy. and their smtp is smtpout.secureserver.net. So i am not using yahoo anymore. However it still does not work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.