hi,

i have a website that is running well on the web server. now i have created a web service and tested it locally. i want to publish my webservice to my webserver so that any body can use my webservice. for this purpose i have created a virtual directory on the webserver and publish the webservice into that virtual drive. now the service is running well on the web server. but when i add the reference of that service in my website locally it does not execute my web service.
plz help me at which location on the server i need to place my web service so that i can access my web service from anywhere i want.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Nice Candy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

After creating the webservice have you tried to browse ur web service within the IIS?. If yes Whats the URL ur getting? have you added the Same URL while adding the referce in ur project?

After creating the webservice have you tried to browse ur web service within the IIS?. If yes Whats the URL ur getting? have you added the Same URL while adding the referce in ur project?

yes i browse it from webserver successfully. i have create a new folder in httpdocs and place my webservice into that folder and then i access it with the URL like http://hostname/subdirectory_name/service.asmx. but the following error occur

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows"/>
Line 40:
Line 41: <!--

go to IIS and rightclick on ur virtual directory go to properties and then click on remove and then create.. try this out..

go to IIS and rightclick on ur virtual directory go to properties and then click on remove and then create.. try this out..

fine i have access my web service from the web server but now there is one issue that is when i access the service it requires web server authertication.i.e user name and password of server. plz tell me how can i access my webservice from the webserver without requiring username and password of server.

thanks and regards,
nice candy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.