i want to create a login page with different user

i have a table users with column UseriD and Password field
in user |d and pass field there are many users like user01 user02 user03
i want that when user01 logged in then page redirect to http://yahoo.com and when user02 logged in then page redirect to http://hotmail.com and so on

plz help me

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

At which point are you stuck?

What I'd do is
1. maintain all user sessions in a db table
2. maintain all redirect_to websites in a config array like

$config_redirect_to = array(0=> 'yahoo.com', 'google.com');

or possibly in another db table
3. and then based on each subsequent user login, assign a redirect site to each login by assigning a site id (0 for yahoo, 1 for google, etc) in the sessions table itself

Plz provide me complete method

Member Avatar for diafol

> Plz provide me complete method

Why? This is your project. You do it. Ask for help, but don't ask for a complete solution. You haven't offered any code of your own. Read the guidelines.

Just add another column to your table with the redirect location. When they log in, header them there.

can u plz provide me method how it can be done

The method is: learn, try, test, develop, learn some more. Thst's how it can be done. Give it at least a try.

try create a form to register and put 3 textfield for username,password and redirect pages, same as your column in the mysql table. just insert the data and try login. After that,put header. This is really simple. give it a try and think creative.

I have create a table as "user" with colm user pass redirect
a add the three user as

user : Pass : Redirect
a123 123 google.com
b123 123 hotmail.com
c123 123

I have create a table as "user" with colm user pass redirect
a add the three user as

user : Pass : Redirect
a123 123 google.com
b123 123 hotmail.com
c123 123 FACEBOOK.COM

NOW WHAT I SHOUL DONE ON LOGIN PAGE I ONLY CREATE A FORM AND TWO TEXT FIELD AND SUBMITT BUTTON. NOW HELP WHAT SHOULD BE DONE NEXT

ok,rite now try to call the username using session. create a form for login. this will make it easier to redirect specific users to spesific web..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.