Hi Friends,
I need to select browser option dynamically using javascript for handling cookies , i.e., in need select "override automatic cookie handling" checkbox dynamically.
Kindly help me friends how to select this check.

Tools - -> Internet Options --> Privacy (Tab) --> Advance (Button) --> Override automatic cookie handling .

Thanks in Advance,
Siva.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't think it is possible to change browser settings with javascript. Because we could then write pages which makes low security level in browsers and the to the things we want. I don't know how would I do it but I think there are people how know how they would hack usercs computers.

Thanks for your response speed. Is there any otherway to check whether it is selected or not ?

Cheers,
Siva

I don't think it is possible to change browser settings with javascript. Because we could then write pages which makes low security level in browsers and the to the things we want. I don't know how would I do it but I think there are people how know how they would hack usercs computers.

I agree with Speed Fantastic. I have never played with this but if I understand you now, you want to see if there is a way to check for this setup. First, I would start with an understanding of what happens when you attempt to view a page that is setup by security not to be viewed.

You would need a program like Charles Proxy or IEHTTPheaders to look at what the response is from the client and server is. If something presents itself in the return header from the browser you could use that to know the security is set too high. I suppose you could then send a page informing the client of the situation.

Hi tinymark,
I have an application A which is rendering in another application B by using IFRAME , while i am calling application A into B (i.e., in IFRAME) , i am not able to handle session , for every request session value is resetting . So if i checked this checkbox (override automatic cookie handling) , then the session values are handling properly . I have a session Filter in application B when ever the request coming to this filter , this filter is treating as a new request. Due to this problem i am unable handle session variables . So if i checked this i am handling properly.

I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks in Advance,
Siva

Any chance of a URL?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.