Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me.
At the moment, I have some quizzes on a site which store the result in to a database.
there are 6 quizzes in total and the the fields in the database are.
Quizresult1, Quizresult2 Quizresult3 Quizresult4 Quizresult5 ,Quizresult6.

What I would like to do is display a progress bar at the top of the page which shows a percentage of the quizzes taken.

So e.g. if the user has filled out Quiz 1, 3, and 6 the completion bar would show 50%.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Iv seen this done with javascript but my knowledge is limited so i would do the following:

create a css class for the empty bar with a width of 60px and a 1px border.
create a class with a background color and width of 10px, (10px for each quiz = 60px)
query the database to find the amount of completed quizzez.
for each completed quiz echo <td class='one_quiz_done'> with the 10px width.

haha this is funny helping each other. I still gotta do the code for inputting into the database and what not and am gonna start it tomorrow. I like your idea though, I was starting to think of having 6 images. Each one containing 1-6 square boxes depending on image number.

then something along the lines of depending on the quizzes completed would depend on what image is displayed. I have hardly any java experience whatsoever, do you have any code i could look at?

MAN did you have to say it out loud? now all the cool guys are going to thinks its our stupidity thats attracting each other!

Images can work, but if you are going for simple blocks ill use css to keep the code light otherwise sprite that group of images.

i dont have the code myself, but i do have something similar that i used for rating, 1 to 5 stars. ill see if i can find it and post it to the thread

Can You Show me by Example Because like this it wont be Understand...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.