Hello,
I am developing e-store in asp.net. I would like to develop it in industrial standards. So, how can I do it? Should I use MVC framework? If yes, Can I integrate it with Visual Studio 2008?

Thanks,
Hakoo Desai.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you can use MVC 2 with Visual Studio 2008

it can be downloaded from Microsoft here.

The difference of using MVC and WebForms is more of a personal preference than it is a matter of industry standard. If I had the choice I would prefer to use MVC because it gives me more control of the html that is created and I like the Model, View, Controller setup. It's also nice to get away from the Page Life Cycle and making sure that you are performing the right steps in the right events that can be a real pain in some WebForm projects. Unfortunately I get to use MVC very little since it's not available to us where I work.

Hi Cherryhomesj,
Thanks for answering. I have worked on Asp.Net webpages , but not on MVC ever. So, can I go with MVC? Is it time consuming if I learn and work? Will it make any difference in web application if I use MVC?

>So, can I go with MVC?

Yes.

>Is it time consuming if I learn and work?

Ask yourself please.

>Will it make any difference in web application if I use MVC?

Yes. It improves the understanding about MVC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.