I really am stumped by this problem and would appreciate some help..
I am tryiing to build a site on a computer running Wiindows XP and using, mainly, FrontPage 2003 although I have also used Notepad to try and solve a problem that has arisen.
The problem is that IE6 throws a securiity alert whenever I insert Javascript code into a page.
Now, I have no problem surfing the Web and viewing Javascriipt-enhanced pages. Indeed I can download such pages to my hard drive and view them off-line wiithout any hitch arisiing.
The problem only seems to occur with pages I create myself - every time I view such a page, IE6 triggers the ActiveX security alert.
The problem cannot be with the browser's security settings as I have no problems viewing pages with code inserted that others have created.
I'd be very grateful for any advice...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am betting that you are just doubleclicking the file to open it. Yes? If you put it on your site and browse to it as a normal user would, you probably aren't going to get that problem.

I am betting that you are just doubleclicking the file to open it. Yes? If you put it on your site and browse to it as a normal user would, you probably aren't going to get that problem.

Thanks!
It worked first time.
I had been blaming Windows XP as I had no problems viewing the pages in question on a nachine running Win 98 and thought I had to alter Administrator Privileges or something along these lines. Anyway, I am now happy once again.
This is a great forum BTW. I got an excellent answer within hours to a problem that was causing me a big headache.

Internet Explorer has a 'feature' which disables 'Active Content' aka Javascript in local files. To disable it, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab and scroll to Security. Check the box labeled 'Allow Active Content to run in files on My Computer'. Restart your browser and it should be all set

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.