Hi

I have a search function where the user selects from drop down boxes.

There are 4 fields to choose from and any of the 15 combinations can be used to search with.

I am using Else If and the very first IF works, but when it is false it doesnt move on to the next condition.

Here is part of my code as the rest is very similar:

<?

if ("'".$_POST['type_id']."' =='' and '".$_POST['location_id']."' >'0' and '".$_POST['bedroom_id']."' >'0' and '".$_POST['price_id']."' >'0' ")
  {
    $Select = "Select * from homes, type, bedrooms, prices, area where homes.type_id = type.id and homes.bedroom_id = bedrooms.id and 
               homes.location_id = area.id and homes.price_id = prices.id and rented <> 0 and bedroom_id = '".$_POST['bedroom_id']."' 
               and location_id = '".$_POST['location_id']."' and price_id = '".$_POST['price_id']."' order by price desc";     
$Homes = mysql_query($Select);
  }

else if 
("'".$_POST['bedroom_id']."' =='' and '".$_POST['location_id']."' >'0' and '".$_POST['type_id']."' >'0' and '".$_POST['price_id']."' >'0' ")

{
  $Select = "Select * from homes, type, bedrooms, prices, area where homes.type_id = type.id and homes.bedroom_id = bedrooms.id and 
               homes.location_id = area.id and homes.price_id = prices.id and rented <> 0 and type_id = '".$_POST['type_id']."' 
               and location_id = '".$_POST['location_id']."' and price_id = '".$_POST['price_id']."' order by price desc";
  }
else
  {
  $Select = "Select * from homes, type, bedrooms, prices, area where homes.type_id = type.id and homes.bedroom_id = bedrooms.id 
             and homes.location_id = area.id and homes.price_id = prices.id and rented <> 0 order by price desc";
  }

?>

Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Why all those quotes? Rewrite your statements:

if($_POST['type_id'] == FALSE && $_POST['location_id'] > 0 && $_POST['bedroom_id'] > 0 && $_POST['price_id'] > 0)
commented: Thanks for showing me a better way to write this code +1

Why all those quotes?

Hi, I am still learning and wasn't sure how to write it

Rewrite your statements:

if($_POST['type_id'] == FALSE && $_POST['location_id'] > 0 && $_POST['bedroom_id'] > 0 && $_POST['price_id'] > 0)

This now works perfectly and thanks for showing me a better way to write the code :)

You are welcome, bye :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.