Hi guys,

I tried installing the joomla 1.5.22 version using XAMPP. Can someone send me a link that works. In the tutorial i was asked to create a mysql database (name: joomla) and which when executed showed numerous errors.

Kindly guide

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

lovelylaya,
download joomla and place it in htdocs root folder . create a database (say joomla or anything) then in the browser write : http://localhost/joomlafolder/administrator this will ask you enter some parameter and installed ! parameters are localhost , root and database name etc. I am php and joomla developer.
Subrata

Dear Subrata,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I downloaded joomla version Joomla_1.5.25-Stable-Full_Package

I am getting an error when i reach the last stage 'FINISH' and when i press the button 'SITE' top right

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\loader.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 32

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\loader.php on line 71

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::load() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\loader.php on line 161

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\loader.php on line 138

Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::clean() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\libraries\joomla\import.php on line 33

Please let me know how i should proceed. I dont know if its cause i installed another version of joomla sometime back.

Dear all,

Also when i use any other version of joomla.. I get the following errors:

ou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`' at line 29 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_banner` ( `bid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `type` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'banner', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `imptotal` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `impmade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `clicks` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `imageurl` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `clickurl` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `date` datetime default NULL, `showBanner` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `editor` varchar(50) default NULL, `custombannercode` text, `catid` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `description` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `sticky` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `ordering` INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `publish_up` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `publish_down` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `tags` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `params` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`bid`), KEY `viewbanner` (`showBanner`), INDEX `idx_banner_catid`(`catid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`

Please help

Thank you in advance

Dear guys,

I was able to resolve the issue..For future reference

Open your sql file in the joomla installation folder, because here is the problem. The latest version of MySQL no longer supports

TYPE=MyISAM
rather it uses
ENGINE=MyISAM

Modify the joomla.sql file in the "installation" folder and replace TYPE with ENGINE.

Thank you

Dear Lovelylaya,
Sorry I was not in daniweb for two days. If you install "joomla with virtur mart" version ,is compatible with xampp and you won't get any error . I have this version but how to send you? You download this version and simply install ,there will be no error .Because using xampp and joomla with virtue mart I developed so many projects.
Thanks
Subrata

Thank you so much for helping.

I will try to download it.

Dear Lovelylaya,
Sorry I was not in daniweb for two days. If you install "joomla with virtur mart" version ,is compatible with xampp and you won't get any error . I have this version but how to send you? You download this version and simply install ,there will be no error .Because using xampp and joomla with virtue mart I developed so many projects.
Thanks
Subrata

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.