Hi,

I am trying to setup a cron job on my web hosting server. I want the php file to run every 15mins. Can some one tell me if I set it up right or not? Also, since there time is 3 hours behind me I want to use my own Php ini file with my local timezone.

*/15    *   *   *   *    php -c /home/username/public_html/php.ini /home/username/public_html/crontest.php

Is the Command correct?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Thanks for the reply.

I put this code in, but for some reason its not running the script. Below is my TEST CRON JOB SCRIPT

$database_date = '2012-03-30 10:35:00';
    $today_date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");

if($today_date == $database_date) {
    $email = 'email@web.com';
        // Sending Email
        $to = $email;
        $message = '<html><head><title>Cron Job Practice</title></head><body><h3>TEXT HERE</h3><p>TEST HERE<br /><br />TEXT HERE</p></body></html>';
        $header = "MIME-Version: 1.0" . "\r\n";
        $header .= "Content-type:text/html;charset=iso-8859-1" . "\r\n";
        $header .= "From: Subject Name <email@link.org> \r\n";
        mail ($to,$subject,$message,$header);
    }

is there something wrong with sending emails with cron? If you see an error please explain what I did wrong. Thanks so much for your time and help.

Don't see any obvious errors. Does the script work if you run it manually?

Yes, It works when I do it manually.
When I put in my Email for the "Cron Email" Section, It is showing me that the cron is running.

But,

When the email is sent to me It reads

Content-type: text/html

Thats the only thing I see. Why is that? (Its as though it skipped over the If statment and went straight to the Header.

-Programmer12

Nevermind, I see that its working now.

One more question: How do I get the HTML to work within the php mail?

Its alittle weird that its not working. When the codes look right. And I looked up other resources for more information
and they have written it the same way. Does it have something to do with the Cron?

(Sorry for all the question: As you can tell I am new to Cron Jobs)

Got it working! Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.