Hi, I have a stored procedure that will display an activity if the user enters the correct appref. This stored proceudre works fine on SQL management. However when i bind it to the gridview on my page it doesn't work on the internet, keep getting the error. Cannot open database "StatsExplorer" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'statsexplorer'.

My stored procedure is on the statsexplorer database and my connection string in my web config file is :

<add name="StatsExplorerConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=DOE2008\DOE2008;Initial

Catalog=StatsExplorer;Persist Security Info=True;User Id=***********;Password=**********" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Have no idea why im still getting this error.

Any help would be great

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You checked to make sure that your database server is configured for SQL Authentication and that you verified that the user name and password in your web.config file is corret?

On your data source, have you tried just to provide the DNS fully qualified host name for this server?

You should copy your comlete data source while conecting the DB to ASP.net. Then it should paste on data source.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.