Hi all,

Wondered if you can help with this problem. I have created a report in Crystal reports that is accessed by an application created in VS.net 2005. The report relies on the user inserting parameters to filter the report but when the report is accessed via the application the parameter prompt page renders terribly.

Any help with this will be appreciated

nesh

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi Nesh,
I have got similer kind of problem. acually i were using crystal report built in perameter and stored procedure parameter both together,
hope you were not using both simultaneusly.
i think i can help u on this matter. please contact me at abhishek_thakur4u@yahoo.com

Hi all,

Wondered if you can help with this problem. I have created a report in Crystal reports that is accessed by an application created in VS.net 2005. The report relies on the user inserting parameters to filter the report but when the report is accessed via the application the parameter prompt page renders terribly.

nesh

I am having the same problem with CR in VS 2005. It appears that all of the css class names have been removed. This makes it just about impossible to customize the parameter's prompts that are automatically generated.

Can you help?

Have found the problem (not me personaly),

There appears to be a compatability issue with VS 2005 and Crystal Reports. We created all our reports in Crystal REports XI but the latest version shipped with VS 2005 is version 10.

Solution is to close VS and uninstall Crystal reports and install it again. It appears to work...

I am having the same problem with CR in VS 2005. It appears that all of the css class names have been removed. This makes it just about impossible to customize the parameter's prompts that are automatically generated.

Can you help?

Hi all,

nesh

I know exactly what you mean! I thought I had an incompatible version of HTML since that is what the page is rendered with. I don't know what they do, but if you're using InstallShield or the Wise Installer just include the proper Merge Module and that problem will go away. I'm guessing that Biz Object too couldn't rely on what version of html would be out there so they did their own thing. Use the Merge Module and you'll get past the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.