I'm trying to insert a google maps script with multiple markers and infowindows in my project. What I want to do is: -set a style css for infowindows (border, background-color, width, height, etc...) -move the closing button of the infowindows outside the infowindows (like in position relative) -set an automatic zoom to show clearly markers and infowindows
This is my code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> 

var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map"), {
        mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP,
        streetViewControl: true
    });
    var markers = [
      { lat: 11.111111, lng: 11.111111, name: "<hgroup><h1>Title</h1><h2>Address</h2></hgroup>" },
      { lat: 22.222222, lng: 22.222222, name: "<hgroup><h1>Title</h1><h2>Address</h2></hgroup>" }
    ];
    for (index in markers) addMarker(markers[index]);
    function addMarker(data) {
      var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
        position: new google.maps.LatLng(data.lat, data.lng),
        map: map,
        title: data.name
      });
      var content = document.createElement("div");
      var title = document.createElement("div");
      title.innerHTML = data.name;
      content.appendChild(title);
      var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({
        content: content
      });
      infowindow.open(map, marker);
      google.maps.event.addListener(marker, "click", function() {
        infowindow.open(map, marker);
      });
    }
    var bounds = new google.maps.LatLngBounds();
    for (index in markers) {
      var data = markers[index];
      bounds.extend(new google.maps.LatLng(data.lat, data.lng));
    }
    map.fitBounds(bounds);
  }
</script>

Could you explain step by step how to do what I want? I don't know Javascript, this code is a copy/paste edited by me, so I ask you to be clear and simple! Thank you!

If you have no expertise at all, it is very difficult to explain even with the script... Anyway, the question has already been answered here. One problem is that it is not describe in layman language though...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.