Hello all Every one has seen gmail shows small blocks of files and documents preview and when we click on that then we can read it online on full page as gmail or google drive shows.Is there any library for doing such things.I aslo need to diable download and print option in that>plz help with this.I am stuck here.

Thanks All

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sorry, I don't use Gmail so I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. Are you referring to modals?? If so, Twitter Bootstrap has modal JS built in.

Yes, just put an iframe into a modal. Web browsers can render PDFs already.

Or embed as an object into your pages with an iframe and a download link as fallbacks.

<object data="/pdf/your-pdf.pdf" type="application/pdf" width="100%" height="100%">
<iframe src="/pdf/your-pdf.pdf" width="100%" height="100%" style="border: none;">
This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: <a href="/pdf/your-pdf.pdf">Download PDF</a>
</iframe>
</object>

There is also JavaScript PDFObject library with loads of options.
https://pdfobject.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.