This is on a Windows 10 computer. I have successfully completed setting up IIS and system settings for running a web page written in Classic ASP. I can launch it from my IIS manager and it comes up in my default browser.

iis:

Enable Client-side debugging: true
Enable Server-side debugging: true
Send errors to browser: true
App Pool set to .net v2.0 Classic

I load the folder containing the code in Visual Studio 2019 and I attach the process that is the IIS Manger, InetMgr.exe.

This is all I do to configure Visual Studio. I think there should be a place where I set the entry point file, the default.asp, because as I was trying different things, I saw this warning come up for a second.

If I try to post break points after I attack the process, it says that "no symbols have been loaded for this document"

Please advise.

Some blogs I have seen while looking online for a solution suggest setting up a project file first. But they mention attaching to a different process and it seems to be for ASP.NET instead of classic ASP.

I also tried VS 2005 but it will not run on Windows 10

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.