I am making my first game(uno) in javaScript for a project in school and I have come to the design part of it and I've never really been good a pseudocode as I always think of the programmed side of it. Is my TLA similar to my functional requirements? I wrote how I wanted it to work in my functional requirements and I'm wondering if I mostly transfer the information to the design for example I currently have: 1. Play game, 2. Shuffle cards, 3. Deal each player 7 cards. However I'm not sure where to go from here, can anyone help?

What is TLA??

Think about how you would play UNO with friends. You're on the right track in terms of shuffle cards, deal each player 7 cards, ... then where do you go from there? Which player starts? When it's a player's turn, what do they do? They look at the cards they have. They see if they can put one down. If not, they pick one from the stack. Step. By. Step. Play out a full game in your head. If it helps, grab a deck of UNO cards and put them in front of you and pretend you're playing with someone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.