Anyone can find a piece of code, cut and paste it. That's fine, as I do it. But I need to know the flow of how things work. Is there a short para that can explain it?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I guess I’m confused by what you’re referring to. Programming code is a sequence of steps that are executed by the script … there are functions, loops, conditionals, classes, etc. that each add a level of complexity by allowing code to branch off, be modular, remove duplication of code, etc.

Do you have specific code that you need help interpreting?

It's a general discussion. PHP supports a number of traditional programming constructs for controlling the flow of execution of a program

PHP is a server side script.

It is a module attached to a web server, it takes the code and "Pre-processes" it and outputs the result hence PHP (Pre- Hypertext Processing or Hypertext pre-processor).

The code executes linear, from top to bottom. The script dies if it hits a fatal error, it will show warnings and info if configured to.

It actually does not have to be related to HTML or CSS, you can use it to generate any text, images, pdfs etc. could even get it to print in PHP 5. Wasn't able to find the print module in PHP 7.

I mostly use it for user interfaces and interacting with databases (read data/enter data)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.