Hi! I need a web application for my business. Should I hire an agency or a freelancer? What's the better value?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Depends on so many factors, budget being one. Requirements is another: can you find a freelancer that can deliver what you need, or is it easy enough for one person to handle? Is there perhaps already a similar product out there that you can install and use?

It depends. You should hire a freelancer when you know what you need. Agencies are a better value when you need help with the overall vision and strategy. Here is a company that develops web applications: <Link snipped>

I could have sworn I just answered a very similar question recently, but I now can't find it in my latest posts, so maybe I was dreaming.

That being said, I will echo the previous sentiments that it depends on what you need and what you're looking for. They each provide a different service.

Let's begin with the simplest question: What type of web application is this? Is it something that will maybe just be a one-time project that might take a few months, or are you looking for someone to not just build it, but to maintain it and improve it over time as well?

Is this web app going to be a core part of your business model? In other words, will you directly earn revenue as a result of the web app?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.