Good Evening People,

No matter what I do in mysql, why I get this following error where the rows do not get deleted ?
**Error
SQL query: Copy Edit Edit

DELETE FROM phpmyadmin.pma__column_info WHERE db_name = 'buzz' AND table_name = 'submitted_links_index2' AND column_name = 'title'
MySQL said: Documentation

#1142 - DELETE command denied to user 'pma'@'localhost' for table 'pma__column_info'**

I am trying to delete two cols in my mysql tbl:

title
header

Mysql page url:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What is this pma user garbage I see below on this page:
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php?route=/server/privileges&viewing_mode=server

User accounts overview
User name   Host name   Password    Global privileges   User group  Grant   Action
Any %   No  USAGE       No  Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
pma localhost   No  USAGE       No  Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
root    127.0.0.1   No  ALL PRIVILEGES      Yes Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
root    ::1 No  ALL PRIVILEGES      Yes Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
root    localhost   No  ALL PRIVILEGES      Yes Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export

I clicked over to my Mysql Table Page 😀 http://localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php?route=/sql&server=1&db=buzz&table=submitted_links_index2&pos=0

And I see this error. How to fix ?

**SELECT prefs FROM phpmyadmin.pma__table_uiprefs WHERE username = 'root' AND db_name = 'buzz' AND table_name = 'submitted_links_index2'
MySQL said: Documentation

#1142 - SELECT command denied to user 'pma'@'localhost' for table 'pma__table_uiprefs'
Should it not be using user 'root' ?

@dani

Have you experienced anything like these before ?

If I uninstall Xampp and reinstall, then my database & tables will get deleted.

#1142 - DELETE command denied to user 'pma'@'localhost' for table 'pma__column_info'**

I've done very little SQL since I retired so my skills are quite rusty but it just sounds like a permissions problem.

I am trying to delete two cols in my mysql tbl:

Actually, you are trying to delete rows which is a data modification (deleting data). Deleting columns would be a schema modification (changing the structure of the table).

@Reverend Jim

Thanks for the reply.
But I was trying to delete two cols of the table. Not rows.

At the end, I had to uninstall Xampp and reinstall again.
Not getting the error anymore.

As RJ pointed out, to delete a column, that's a schema edit and would not use the delete. If you want to delete rows of data, that's one thing, you asked something else. Maybe it's an English communication problem here but SQL tables are SQL tables. Try to keep the terminology constant.

I believe that you need the drop column command, not a delete.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.