I have a client that have members sign, they get charged, but can't get in unless they are added manually. Any ideas? they are using Chrome on Windows OS.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sorry, I'm not exactly understanding your question. What do you mean they can't get in unless they are added manually? They can't create new accounts or they can't log in? How can you log in a user manually? And what does this have to do with special characters? If there are no special characters in the password, does it work fine? If that's the case, the encryption algorithm that is being used, the database, or the HTML page itself, might be set to ASCII instead of UTF-8.

Hi Sorry if I was vague, They can register and they get charged but if they use a ! they cannot get past that and cannot login. Once they are added to the db I assume they can get in. Why would a ! be the only special character that does this?

I wouldn't be able to answer your question without seeing the code that is failing. Is the login system custom written or is it something out-of-the-box, such as Wordpress or Auth0?

That was the answer i was expecting I just wanted to double check, this client is so security conscious, it's working against them. Thank you so much for your time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.