I am currently studying React JS, and my eventual goal is to create a website using React JS that is optimized for SEO. Someone told me using React JS to construct a website will make it less search engine friendly.

I'm curious; what are your thoughts? And how will things go with React.js in terms of developing an SEO-friendly site?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

React.js, being a front-end JS framework, means that the UI gets rendered dynamically by the web browser. For a very long time, search engine bots didn't have the ability to interpret javascript accurately. Therefore, when a webpage interface is generated entirely via javascript, search engine crawlers didn't have the ability to spider any content on the page at all.

Nowadays, Googlebot is much better with Javascript, but it's still not perfect. Therefore, if your front-end is dynamically generated via JS, it's recommended to use static site generation.

it's recommended to use static site generation.

Dani, I appreciate you pointing me toward the right path.

Could you please share some resources, experiences and insights related to it? Have you encountered challenges with Googlebot or found effective strategies to address SEO issues in React.js applications?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.