For people who used both and build websites with both, which one is better? Why?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Realistically your choice is going to be dominated by two factors, for most people making this decision.

Maintainability - Finding help to maintain an app written in the older of the two languages will become increasingly difficult over time.

Library Support - Which of the two languages has better library support for whatever it is that you're trying to do?

Best of luck!

I have found that the maintainability of an app has a lot more to do with the quality of the developer than the language choice, given that you are choosing a mainstream language.

I wholeheartedly agree with cored0mp when it comes to library support. As a PHP’er, it’s been a lifesaver for me knowing that anything I might need, and any popular API I might want to use, can find documentation and extensive support on. At least for everything I’ve tried to do over the past 20 years, I’m not so sure I could say the same for Python.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.