I have written a program in php that writes a .doc file. the file is being written correctly, but i'm getting constant errors in the log. even when i'm not refreshing the page. I have no clue what could be causing errors when my page isn't even running. Please help with any ideas. thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i've changed the location of the program and the error is still occuring. I've closed my editor, browser, and Word. yet the errors are still showing up in the log. Any help would be appreciated.

i have nested for loops in the program... earlier today i had added the second one and forgot to change the counter variable so they had the same counter, i ran it, realized i hadn't changed it... changed it and then ran it again. is there any way that the server could be stuck in that loop still? that is the only thing that i can think of.

i have nested for loops in the program... earlier today i had added the second one and forgot to change the counter variable so they had the same counter, i ran it, realized i hadn't changed it... changed it and then ran it again. is there any way that the server could be stuck in that loop still? that is the only thing that i can think of.

There's a max_execution_time defined in the php.ini config. It usually prevents things like this from happening.
However, if its set to 0 (no time limit) then I'd assume your script would keep running in an endless loop?
Check your phpinfo() or php.ini file to see whats up with that...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.