Sorry, it should say FORM

I was wondering how I can do a upload file. I run a fan website for the Washington Redskins, and what I want to do is have a section where the members can submit there video or picture materials they've made to my site. However, I want to be able to view the files before they upload them.

So what I want to make is a form, that has the options to upload a file.

I really dont need anything but the option to choose browse, and press upload, and allow the file to upload into a folder I make.

I have no clue how to do this, could so someone possibly teach me how to, or give me a tutorial

Thanks

Kiel

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Thanks stymiee, looks like the first tutorial is going to go good. Ill be sure to ask more for help if I need it.

Thanks

Kiel

Stymiee, thanks a lot for the link, it works perfectly, again, thank you very much.

...what I want to do is have a section where the members can submit there video or picture materials they've made to my site.

*cough!* *copyright* *cough!* :mrgreen:

*cough!* *copyright* *cough!* :mrgreen:

I wont tell if you wont tell:lol:

Hey- it ain't my butt the feds will be lookin' for. :mrgreen:

Hey- it ain't my butt the feds will be lookin' for. :mrgreen:

Ill tell them you are 50% responsible because you gave me the code so they could upload it:lol:

Ill tell them you are 50% responsible because you gave me the code so they could upload it:lol:

All joking aside, DMR is absolutely correct in his caution. Especially on a sports site, the temptation of visitors posting their favorite or exciting photos of game events, taken by professional photographers or photographers for hire by news organizations, would be extremely likely.

I would not want to be the webmaster, the host, or the owner of a site that uploaded unauthorized copyrighted (and it's copyrighted as soon as the photo is taken, no notice is normally required...) materials of any kind. Now, if the uploading fan personally shot the photo, and uploads a digital version of it, that's no problem. But you have to trust them when they say it's theirs. If you end up with a valuable shot that was not authorized for uploading it could very quickly spoil all the fun you expected to have for running your favorite website.

Don't want to be a spoil-sport, but that's the way it is. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, or how you decide to control it. ;)
http://www.pdimages.com/law/10.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.