A friend told me that it is possible to change the header of a html web page using the vb .net code. Is this true? If so how do you do it?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Well I worked it out, here is how it's done.

The following is the html code.

<TITLE [b]ID=pageTitle RUNAT=server[/b]> </TITLE>

Then the vb .net code:

Public Class MyPage 
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page 
[b]Protected pageTitle As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl[/b]
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 
[b]pageTitle.InnerText = "Dynamic page Title"[/b] 
End Sub
End Class

Anyways, just thought I'd share my findings with you guys.

Slade

Nice work Slade, I may actually put that to some use!

commented: Thanks :) Glad I could help +36

:D thanks Paladine, glad I could help!

commented: Sweet code to note! +36

I have been working with this code for a while now... after a few builds there is an error. What actually happens is in the aspx code, the "runat = server" disappears. This is more than likely because it isn't included in the <forms>tag</forms>

Anyways, just a little bit of extra info.

Slade

No, actually it's related to Visual Studio .NET's web page designer. When you are on the WYSIWYG ("Design") view of the page, it reformats your code, and sometimes screws up on tags. There is a setting to control what view you get when you double click on a file in the project window; I have it going to HTML View, which there is no problem with (I rarely use the designer for Web Development).

can you do the name with the keyword metatag?

Yup. It works for every tag :).

No, actually it's related to Visual Studio .NET's web page designer. When you are on the WYSIWYG ("Design") view of the page, it reformats your code, and sometimes screws up on tags. There is a setting to control what view you get when you double click on a file in the project window; I have it going to HTML View, which there is no problem with (I rarely use the designer for Web Development).

Lol I don't use it either, it's such a pain. I usually just build my project and view it in my browsers every now and then to make sure it's all ok :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.