good day ,

i am new to java ,

i am using two different databases and i want to insert data from one table to other empty table using jdbc .and it consists of null values in one table along with some data .when ever we add new data to one table it should insert into other table and existence data should be updated after insert is executed.

can i have one example with these details.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

good day ,

i am new to java ,

i am using two different databases and i want to insert data from one table to other empty table using jdbc .and it consists of null values in one table along with some data .when ever we add new data to one table it should insert into other table and existence data should be updated after insert is executed.

can i have one example with these details.

Sorry, I don't see any problem with this as all datas which you save in first database are still stored in their original variables plus same string you use on first database can be send to second one, or may be modified before sending as neccesary. So what you do I presume is recive data from form, validate them, store in varables, open conection with first database, save data, close conection, open connection to second database, save data and close connection. Then go to other page or refresh original...

it has nothing to do with JSP either (and anyone doing something like this in a JSP should be shot, preferably in the gut, and left for the vultures).

it has nothing to do with JSP either (and anyone doing something like this in a JSP should be shot, preferably in the gut, and left for the vultures).

Hmmmm, was this addressed to me :?:

if you feel it is, it might be ;)

Sorry, I don't see any problem with this as all datas which you save in first database are still stored in their original variables plus same string you use on first database can be send to second one, or may be modified before sending as neccesary. So what you do I presume is recive data from form, validate them, store in varables, open conection with first database, save data, close conection, open connection to second database, save data and close connection. Then go to other page or refresh original...

Hi all,
I have a similar sort of problem and I am little bit familiar with java-JDBC and I would like to know how do I insert data from one database table to the other database table using java. This insertion must happen when ever there is a change in first database(change in the sense like for insertion an insert and for updation an update and for deletion a delete.). please tell me the procedure to do this sort of work or a small program which gives an Idea.

help me in this issue.

start your own threads, kid.
And read some tutorials... What you want is
a) well described
b) inappropriate for doing in Java (unless you're using a database engine that uses Java stored procedures maybe).

post your code !!!

commented: homework kiddo -4

You are totally right...

commented: Pointless bump into old post with zero value comment -4
commented: For posting at an old solved thread for no valid reason -1

Very useful discussion, am new to JSP, trying to learn from last two weeks, this discussion about database entry seems useful info for me. Thanks.

hi how to update the table using stored procedure in jsp program

can u please help me..please send me the code for that how to update the table using stored procedure in jsp program ..need it urgent

can u please help me..please send me the code for that how to update the table using stored procedure in jsp program ..need it urgent

Start a new thread

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.