Hello..
I am having two php pages the 1st page is the registration and in the 2nd page i need to use the ID associated with registration (stored in databae)

I think we need to maintain sessions for this..
But I am not clear with its implementations..

Plz kindly help..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi,

when you register in the database you add another field as id and assign that id as autoincrement and pass that id in session

for eg,
$fetch=mysql_fetch_array($exeusid);
$userid=$fetch;
$_SESSION=$userid;
$_SESSION=$email;
header("Location: homepage.php?email=$email&id=$id&Password=$pass");

try by the given above format if any doubt ask i will explain upto my knowledge

Hello..
I am having two php pages the 1st page is the registration and in the 2nd page i need to use the ID associated with registration (stored in databae)

I think we need to maintain sessions for this..
But I am not clear with its implementations..

Plz kindly help..

Thank You Sir...
but actuall i need 2 check in another page whether the session is already active or not...

Moreover if i copy a url n paste it to another address bar than the page gets executed, but i dont want even that.. If I execute the url of 2nd page w/o executing the 1st page than it should go to the 1st page itself..

Moreover sir as i am new to PHP i am not comfortble using the query string in it..

Thank U..

hi,

well for that u plz check first that the id that u have given in the session is passing to 2nd page r not by putting an echo .Then if u get means put an if condition for that session id like this for eg.if u put like this means if the session id is !=empty means the page will auomatically redirect to the first page.

if($_SESSION=="")
header("Location:second.php");
else
header("Location:first.php");

Hello..
I acually have go 1 doubt in the above..
If i give a value to the session variable in the 1st page than the session id == empty means i have to direct it to the 1st page...

but stil it wont solve my another problem-- "If i am at pesent on 2nd page and now if i copy this url and paste it into another address bar than the 2nd page wil be shown.."
This is bcoz the session is already active/registered..
How can i avoid that too??

Member Avatar for Rhyan

If I am not mistaking, a session cookie gets destroyed once the original browser window gets closed. So until you close window 1 the session is active for all subsequent windows you have opened.

I am not sure if you can bypass this...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.