Hi!
I wish to build a web based application where similar to Microsoft Excel/Spread Sheet. This web based application should have an interface of spreadsheet cells where user can click around the cells to enter data. As the data being entered it will save in database where indicating which cell will be holding that data. Do you have any idea whether ASP.net or any other languages able to do this? Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

yes it can

I assume this is some homework?

It can be done using a grid or table. You can then react to cell events if you wish. To save it in a database you have to run through each cell (ie every column in every row) one at a time and save the contents of that cell into a datarow (noting the column number and row number so you can bring them back later on if needed).

Going beyond this basic "spreadsheet" will get too complex for you and unless it is homework I would go and get a free web based spreadsheet out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.