I have a JSP page which has student roster and letting instructor choose grades for some students with check box. I want only the students info which were checked to my next JSp page, but I cant take the only selected ones. It takes the selected number of students like say 3 but it will take the 1st 3 students from the list not the one I choose. I am using getParameterValues to capture the value. The sample HTML shown below. Any ideas.
thks,

<table class="sample" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" align="center" border="1" id="table1">
<tr align="left">
<td vAlign="center" align="left">1234</td>
<td vAlign="center" align="left"><strong>BARIBAN, STEVEN G</strong> 
</td>
<input type="hidden" value="1234" name="student_id" >
<input type="hidden" value="BARIBAN, STEVEN G" name="student_name" >
<td vAlign="center" align="left">
<input type="checkbox" value="WU" name="newgrade" > <br>
WU</td>
<td vAlign="center" align="left"><label><br>
<input size="15" name="lad"  or><br ></label></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td vAlign="center" align="left">2341</td>
<td vAlign="center" align="left"><strong>BRATKO, IGOR M</strong> </td>
<input type="hidden" value="2341 name="student_id" >
<input type="hidden" value="BRATKO, IGOR M" name="student_name" >
<td vAlign="center" align="left">
<input type="checkbox" value="WU" name="newgrade" > <br>
WU</td>
<td vAlign="center" align="left"><label><br>
<input size="15" name="lad"  or><br ></label></td>
</tr>
</table>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What is the point in having multiple check boxes with the same name and value? Also as you haven't shown us your Servlet, it would be difficult for us to pin point the error. And please state your requirements a bit more clearly.

thanks for looking into it. I dont have any servlet and I already solved the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.