I would like to know if it is possible to communicate Queries using XML from an application written in VB6 to a website written in ASP.NET. I would need to send and receive everything from a small integer to a medium blob. Also, the database backend is MySQL.

This is probably not something which anyone can answer in just a single thread. I would like to know if anyone knows of a tutorial or has some source files which would cover this. I have worked with XML before, but it was some time ago and was on an Tomcat Servlet, therefore I would appreciate any information on both VB6 and ASP.NET.

Thanks
- Eric

I would like to know if it is possible to communicate Queries using XML from an application written in VB6 to a website written in ASP.NET. I would need to send and receive everything from a small integer to a medium blob. Also, the database backend is MySQL.

This is probably not something which anyone can answer in just a single thread. I would like to know if anyone knows of a tutorial or has some source files which would cover this. I have worked with XML before, but it was some time ago and was on an Tomcat Servlet, therefore I would appreciate any information on both VB6 and ASP.NET.

Thanks
- Eric

You could have the ASP.NET app host a web service, and let your VB6 app use that web service. Check this page out, for information how to connect to a .NET web service with VB6.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.