iam having doubt on receiving data in serial port .from chipcon board iam receiving link quality packet to pc through serial port. i want to look the link quality value which i received from serial port in decimal (integer) value .i dont know how to see the received and sending values .iam using serial port monetering software to do this job.but how can i see the sending and receiving data .and another question the received data will be in which format .when iam using monitering software iam getting the value in hex .iam pasting my code .

serial ports, and programs that monitor them, only know about bytes of data on the port, they know nothing about what kind of data it is except monitoring programs can detect ascii text characters. If you send binary data then they can only show you the hex values, not the original data in the program that sends the data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.