I need help in c# about file scanning in c#. I want to scan all files or from specific path in background if application is in running mode. Scanning should start after every 10 min.......

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This isn't a software writing service. What have you done so far? What problems or errors are you getting?

I did a quick google and found quite a lot of info on running background processes, Have a look at the two links below and see if they help at all (i typed "running background processes in C#" into google)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hybbz6ke.aspx
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/26396b5e-6ebf-426a-86ae-a767719db9b9/

Hope this helps

commented: actually i want to scan my files in a directory after every 10 min.... thay why my own file allocation update its information.... because when a file is moved from one folder to other or it delete then my file allocation table must be updated for every in +0

So....do you understand how threads, threadpools, or background workers work? Do you understand file IO and parsing? Or do you just want us to do the project for you (lol)?

commented: actually i want to scan my files in a directory after every 10 min.... thay why my own file allocation update its information.... because when a file is moved from one folder to other or it delete then my file allocation table must be updated for every in +0

What do you intend to do during the scan?
If you are looking for changes then you could use a FileSystemWatcher to do the "scanning" for you.

actually i want to scan my files in a directory after every 10 min.... thay why my own file allocation update its information.... because when a file is moved from one folder to other or it delete then my file allocation table must be updated for every information..... so i want a abackground process or any exe which run in every 10 min and update my file allocation table....

Ok, then a FileSystemWatcher will do just that for you. (Google it)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.