hi all,

I m new in vb.net but i know vb very well. Can anybody tell me what is the main difference between vb and vb.net except the difference that vb.net is object oriented language i know this difference. But i want to know what is the main difference between them as we know .net is used for creating web applications also. But is it possible to make web applications using vb.net .

Can we make web applications using vb.net or it is used only for creating stand alone applications. If vb.net is used only for creating stand alone app. then we can make it using vb also there is no use to learn vb.net .

I don't know asp.net.
can i have to learn asp.net for creating web applications? If yes then it means there is no use of learning vb.net bcoz we cann't make web applictions through vb.net .

Can anybody clear my confusion and tell me the main differences between vb and vb.net and advantage of learning vb.net .

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Guest11

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

thier is no diff. in that but it vb.net has more syntax that is usefull to make web app.

VB6 is much simpler and so much easier to learn. It is limited if only pure VB is used but once you get familiar with C++ (like approach or even better you combine it with C++) then is hard to match with simplicity of VB and complexity of API.

As for VB.NET you should say what version you are talking about 2002,2003,2005,2008? Or what framework 1.0,1.1,1.4,2.0,3.0,3.5? I don't want to confuse you but these .NET things are changing very, very fast!

i just want 2 know that is it possible to make web applications using vb.net 2005 if yes then how? According 2 my knowledge for making web applications we must create our application in asp.net, we cann't make it in vb.net .

just give me some tips i just want to clear my confusion that whether we are able to make our web applications in vb.net or no.

Regards
Guest11

i just want 2 know that is it possible to make web applications using vb.net 2005 if yes then how? According 2 my knowledge for making web applications we must create our application in asp.net, we cann't make it in vb.net .

just give me some tips i just want to clear my confusion that whether we are able to make our web applications in vb.net or no.

Regards
Guest11

If you mean using VB 2005 Express, then no you can't make a website (but you can get the Visual Web Developer Express). If you mean in general, then it the answer is "kinda". You can make a web site, which uses ASP.NET to render the front end, but all the logic (e.g. database interaction, binding data to controls, handling transitions between pages) can be done in VB.NET.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.