I have been playing around with Mozzila, and find it too be a rather nice speedy browser, but I do ASP.NET programming and such and seem to have some issues with ASP.NET pages displaying properly.

It seems to be with regards to coloring, I guess ASP controls as well
, since those are the things I have colored.

See example code below!

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
<script runat="server">

// Insert page code here
    //

void Submit_Click_1&#40;object sender, EventArgs e&#41; &#123;
        if &#40;txtPassword.Text == "test"&#41;
        &#123;
            Session&#91;"UserName"&#93; = txtName.Text;
            //Response.Redirect&#40;"Test.aspx"&#41;;
            Server.Transfer&#40;"Test.aspx"&#41;;
        &#125;
        else
        &#123;
            lblFalse.Text = &#40;"Incorrect Pasword Please try again"&#41;;
        &#125;
    &#125;

</script>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
    <p align="center">
        <asp&#58;Label id="lblHeader" runat="server" head="head" height="25px" width="100%" backcolor="Black" forecolor="White" font-bold="true" text="ASPWEB Login Page" tooltip="Welcome to ASPWEB Login Page">ASPWEB
        Login Page</asp&#58;Label>
    </p>
    <form runat="server">
        <!-- Insert content here -->
        <table cellspacing="15" align="center" sytle="font&#58;10pt verdana;border-width&#58;2;border-style&#58;solid;border-color&#58;black;">
            <tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td>
                        <b>UserName&#58;</b> 
                    </td>
                    <td>
                        <asp&#58;TextBox id="txtName" runat="server"></asp&#58;TextBox>
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>
                        <b>Password&#58;</b> 
                    </td>
                    <td>
                        <asp&#58;TextBox id="txtPassword" runat="server" TextMode="Password"></asp&#58;TextBox>
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr colspan="2">
                    <td>
                        <asp&#58;Button id="Submit" onclick="Submit_Click_1" runat="server" Text="Submit" Width="77px"></asp&#58;Button>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>
    </form>
    <div align="center"><asp&#58;Label id="lblFalse" runat="server" width="843px" backcolor="White" font-bold="True" font-size="Medium"></asp&#58;Label>
    </div>
</body>
</html>

Anyone have a solution? Recommendation?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well, I found some of the answer, but still not perfect. (see below). Anyone have any other suggestions?

What I did was add code (xml) to my web.config file in the <system.web> section

<browserCaps>
			<!--NETSCAPE 6 and 7 //-->
			<case match="^Mozilla/5\.0 \&#40;&#91;^&#41;&#93;*\&#41; &#40;Gecko/&#91;-\d&#93;+ &#41;?Netscape&#91;6|7&#93;/&#40;?'version'&#40;?'major'\d+&#41;&#40;?'minor'\.\d+&#41;&#40;?'letters'\w*&#41;&#41;.*">
				tagwriter=System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter
				browser=Netscape
				version=$&#123;version&#125;
				majorversion=$&#123;major&#125;
				minorversion=$&#123;minor&#125;
				frames=true
				tables=true
				cookies=true
				javascript=true
				javaapplets=true
				ecmascriptversion=1.5
				w3cdomversion=1.0
				css1=true
				css2=true
				xml=true
			</case>
			<!-- MOZILLA //-->
			<case match="^Mozilla/&#40;?'version'&#40;?'major'\d+&#41;&#40;?'minor'\.\d+&#41;&#40;?'letters'\w*&#41;&#41;.*">
				<case match="^&#91;5-9&#93;\." with="$&#123;version&#125;">
				</case>
			</case>
			<!--OPERA 5+//-->
			 <case match="Opera&#91; /&#93;&#40;?'version'&#40;?'major'\d+&#41;&#40;?'minor'\.\d+&#41;&#40;?'letters'\w*&#41;&#41;">
		         <filter match="&#91;4-9&#93;" with="$&#123;major&#125;">
				     <filter match="&#91;5-9&#93;" with="$&#123;major&#125;">
				     </filter>
	             </filter>
             </case>
		</browserCaps>

browserCaps are the way to go. Thats the same browserCaps section I use for #Portal lol.

Great Tip. It worked perfect for the problem I had with listbox sizes, control placement without html tables (not asp:table) and for textbox sizing (i had already figured out column setting for those though).

Nothing else would have worked except for some table nesting structures for control placement of my asp.net web form.

Thanks a lot.

btw...is there anything for safari? I haven't actually tested it yet, but our graphic designers use Safari exclusively and they would also like to use this web application I'm building.

gary_it@yahoo.com

browserCaps will also fix some of the HTML rendering issues. Panels will render as DIVs instead of Tables, etc. I've been meaning to write an article on browerCaps...

Mozilla will render widths correctly if it comes from the style attribute or a stylesheet.

Cheers,
Steve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.