Hello All,

So I have set up a php form that takes user information and is suppose to send to the selected email address, but it is not sending to the email address.

When I tested the form on my local server it sent to the correct email address, but when it was uploaded to the server, it does not send to the selected address.

The php.ini file I think is where I am having problems. I spoke to the host but we didn't know how to fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have you tried sending to another email address?

I assume you are using the standard mail() function. Also, check the host has RDNS correctly configured for the IP address(es) of the server.

Have you tried sending to another email address?

I assume you are using the standard mail() function. Also, check the host has RDNS correctly configured for the IP address(es) of the server.

Yes I have tried sending to several different email addresses and I am using the standard mail()function. What is RDNS?

So I looked in my php.ini file and found this it what the [mail function] looked like (Mind you the mail worked on my local host).

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path =

I was researching at sitepoint.com and they gave this suggestion:

[mail function]
; Setup for Linux systems
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
sendmail_from = me@myserver.com

Can you tell me the difference and do you think the hosting company should replace there selection with one of these, or will that screw everything up for them?

Well, your hosting company should have set the sendmail_path to the install dir of sendmail (unless you manage your own server) in which case it should be correct as the default value. The hosting company would be able to tell you if this was correct.

The sendmail_from will add a from to the mail headers if it was not specified in the mail() function.

Alright well that makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

I will see what I can do with the information you gave me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.