Member Avatar for sakura_fujin

hi guys

just wanna ask how long does a laptop's battery last on the average? my laptop's model is HP Pavilion dv5000 and recently i began to suspect that the battery does not usually last any longer than 2 hours. is that already the average battery life or is there something wrong with it already? thanks in advance

Well, it depends on the type of battery, size of it, the screen size, hard drive speed, etc. On average, a notebook should get from 2:30 to 4:00 if I'm correct. My notebook, on "Power Saver," get's 4:00-ish usually.

Yo,
Also age and if you leave it plugged in a lot affect the life of a battery. In my experience, batteries just simply "run out" after a while (hence my battery for my Panasonic)
Also my *newer* Compaq Armada M700 says it will last 3 hours, then after it does down to about 60% it just dies...
So it depends.

The best battery life i have seen quoted is 5 hours! But normally average battery life varies on age and make model of the laptop. Normally it is around 2/3 hours for an average battery life.

My laptop gets a little under 2 hours of battery, which is the Dell C600. However, I've used a notebook that get's about 6 hours of battery life, and one that got 8 hours of battery life. If your want to increase your battery life, you probably want to add additional batteries. Also, I use Ubuntu, so I get a little less battery life.

My HP only gets an hour.
I think you'll find a battery rating at the HP site.

Member Avatar for sakura_fujin

okies thanks guys

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.