Hi, this is my first post on DaniWeb.

I created this table and it works perfect in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer.

I tried different document types, I wc3 validated it, changed the height in css for the div and for the tbody, but still not working correctly.
It must be something ridiculously simple I overlooked.

Example here

IE is retarded. Here's what I've found regarding the scrollable tbody element.

The tbody element is designed to scroll when the table is larger than the browser window, not a container.

Well, I decided to not use this type of table anymore because it must be deemed outdated if the modern browsers are not supporting it enough.
I don't feel comfortable using any code that takes too many browser workarounds to work correctly.

All I was doing was trying to was make a scrolling table first so I can use javascript to sort the columns.
All of the sort-table javascripts out there use this type of table to work correctly.
Unfortunately, all of them did not work in most modern browsers. And the only one that did, I could not modify it without breaking something.

Thanks for the input.

I don't know how to close this thread, so I suppose it will always be open.
Closing it as solved will just make it appear there was a solution to the problem was when there is not. Maybe the admin/developers should know about this so it does not confuse other readers.

What about something like this?

That is nice. $495 sounds reasonable for the amount of work put into making it a nice product.

I would have to think about it.

Thanks.

Another option for using the a scrollable area is CSS' overflow property. It would allow you to also get a number of cross-browser compatibility too.

<style type="text/css">
<!--
div.scroll {
height: 200px;
width: 300px;
overflow: auto;
border: 1px solid #666;
background-color: #ccc;
padding: 8px;
}
-->
</style>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.