I got home from work today and rather than logging in, I restarted my computer so it would run faster.

-It now freezes while it's booting up (at random times).
-I can hear a flicker sounds when it freezes.
-I am able to get to BIOS and mess around in there without this freezing problem. Although I can still hear the flickering sound every 30 seconds or so, my computer does not freeze while in BIOS.

I will also add, every few times I can get to the choose safe mode or start windows normally screen. I have tried "safe mode" and "start windows normally" and when I press enter, I can hear the flicker sound and it automatically freezes.

Can anyone help me out with this?

check out your memory stick, take it out clean the gold fingers and put it back..

I no longer use xp and I'm not sure which you're using but I know with vista, there's a repair option if you boot with the disk and you can repair anything that may be off, like something that gets corrupted.

I think with XP you could make a boot disk. Have you tried using a boot disk to get in to run tests?

Sounds like you need a good scan of your files to me. I suppose it could be hardware but it doesn't sound like it to me IMHO.

Xts

I got home from work today and rather than logging in, I restarted my computer so it would run faster.

how did you restart it ,by going to start /turn off computer ,and click restart .or did you click a restart button on the front of the case .,also what does a flicker sound like .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.