I was installing a linksys network card in a Gateway computer. The installation went fine no error messages. I hooked up the DSL modem to the network card and it crashes internet explorer everytime. I am able to ping the gateway address, DNS ip address to the internet, but when I ping a web address name it fails with unknown host. I also tried the dialup modem which is also affected. I checked the settings and I don't see anything wrong. I removed the linksys network card. The computer had Gateway Goback installed so I went to a known good restore point. The dialup modem is back in service and working. I descided to try installing a different network card, but it didn't make any difference. I then checked the bootlog, which showed ndis2sup.vxd failed loading.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thanks,

Marlin000

Every time you try to connect either it be dialup or through the network card the internet explorer crashes on this machine with Windows 98 SE, but I am able to ping the ip addresses of my equipment, but no web address. I am getting to the point of just reloading all the programs and driver and start over, I wish I new what causes this kind of problems by installing a network card into the computer. I had this happen before and finally the last resort was to reload everything. On the other computer I had Windows ME and GO Back both installed, which was what I assumed caused the problem.
marlin000

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.