Okay so I just picked up my laptop and discovered that next to the left hinge, on the back of the lid, there's a big crack!

What method would you recommend to patch this up?
A simple epoxy job?

I know this is an incredibly simple question but I wanted to make absolutely sure I'm not going to screw anything up xD

Epoxy will work. You may wish to rough up the area that you are going to be applying it to with some sand paper so that you get a good bond.

Is there anything that really could be affected by this crack, honestly? I know if both hinges were cracked it'd be a different story but it's just the left side so I don't feel like it's super-imperative.

Then again this machine is a brute in itself and weighs a mad TON and a HALF so I'm sure with all the times it's been thrown around would have a lot to do with it, too xD

Is there anything that really could be affected by this crack, honestly? I know if both hinges were cracked it'd be a different story but it's just the left side so I don't feel like it's super-imperative.

Then again this machine is a brute in itself and weighs a mad TON and a HALF so I'm sure with all the times it's been thrown around would have a lot to do with it, too xD

if are only going to continue throwing it around ,no point in epoxying it, as it will not hold

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.