ok so i have a dell purchased computer thats sealed shut. i can't remove the shell and i don't have money anyways for new hardware. however on a whim (stupid me) i went and purchased a VGA to S-VIDEO / RCA CONVERTER CABLE. the computer has an Intel 82845G controller. how can i get these to work together to get my computer to display on my TV. if i need to buy anything it would be nice if it was under $10. Thank you so much for any help.

try this link

Check to be sure that you have the driver installed, and try to update it if possible. Also be sure that it works (at least with a monitor). One other thing; be sure to change the TV input (VID, AUX1, AUX2, etc...) to match the input on the back of the TV. Not to discourage you, but if it is CRT-tube TV they display text very poorly, and gaming on large sets is very graphics intensive. Good luck, Mav.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.