Hi,
I have a problem - my dog ate the power cord to my new blue ray player. The cord is not detachable from the player and the plug can't be fixed with electrical tape. I talked to the manufacturer's support and they told me it would cost me $160 plus shipping the player both ways. It doesn't really worth the trouble in my opinion. I'm not much of a hardware person, so maybe somebody can give me an idea of how to get it fixed cheaper???
Thanks, buddyholly

Describe whats wrong with it

Why not just cut it above the damage and wire a new plug on. Will mean the cord will be shorter though.

Thank you for your suggestions, but the plug itself is damaged. I did try using electrical tape and it didn't turn on.

Well cant you just cut it off and wire a new plug on?

just shortened the whole house, I think that thing is done :( Thanks though.

you don't just tape the wire ,you have to make sure the 2 wires inside don't touch each other and all you need to do is cut off plug ,go to hardware store and buy a universal plug and connect it to the ends ,and that it, very basic electrical repair

.....i want to laugh but i shouldn't and sorry i have have no experience with electrical repairs

its easy peasy to wire a plug on

What do you do if you buy an appliance and it doesnt have a plug?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.