Have e-machine t2692 / xp home ed.
Originally had 250w power supply. System died. Replaced with 300w power supply as recommended by e-machine. Everything came back up with the following exceptions:
speakers don't work (I can live with this)
none of the usb connections work (4 back & 2 front)
windows shuts down, but machine does not turn off (I turn off at surge strip)
From reading other's problems: I uninstalled the usb's and had the system find them again. It did. But still won't recognize anything plugged in.

I hope there is a simple solution, because I'm not a computer whiz.
Thanks for any help or tips.

Try reinstalling the motherboard drivers, they should be on the restoration CD you got from eMachines.

Your first mistake was the eMachine lol :cheesy: but try hooking something up on your usb and then do a detect hardware wizard see if that works and for your sound try uninstalling it in the device manager and reinstalling it and updateing all the drivers

hope this helps
-Zach Boyce

Your first mistake was the eMachine lol :cheesy: but try hooking something up on your usb and then do a detect hardware wizard see if that works and for your sound try uninstalling it in the device manager and reinstalling it and updateing all the drivers

hope this helps
-Zach Boyce

there is absolutely nothing wrong with e-machines. not like packard bell i must say. PB - more trouble then anything and a customer service centre to be desirable:rolleyes: :twisted:

Hello, did you ever solve this? I have the exact same problem with my Emachine currently, after replacing the power supply.

Thanks,

Gary cgmil@verizon.net

Just wondering - I'm having the same problem after replacing the power supply (which I found out was a common, but easy fix). Did reinstalling the drivers for the motherboard help by chance? Before I drive down to their house, it would help to know if this suggestion helped or was at least a help in the right direction!
Much appreciated,
Christina

Hi, nothing helped my situation. I ended up buying a 4 port USB 2.0 PCI card and installing it. Then had an IRQ conflict that I resolved. Now everything seems to work. Motherboard USB ports never came back to life.

Gary

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.