My mecer 255ii3 does not power on when pressing the power button,when i do press it then the lights just go on then off agen.i tried startin it up without the battery in but still nothing.i even charged it for a couple of hours to see if it'l work but no luck at all.

Does any1 maybe know where i can get a diagram to show me how to open the LAPTOP up and what to look for?

Or some suggestions will also be great.

Thanks

Hey
Have you got any hardware troubleshooting experience?
Did the mercer work while you had it and then 1 day stopped working or did you get it because it does not work?
Are you sure that the battery is still in working order
Let us know
barry

i do have experience in troubleshooting,but i never got any blue screens at all.

Its my buddy's laptop and she asked me to check it out for her.it was working i had it on one day then the next day when i wanted to return it the laptop suddenly never went on.

So what do i check for now?

I put the laptop on agen now,it seems to be going on but the screen does not display anything it stays black like its off.when i press the eject button on the dvd drive then it ejects so the laptop does go on just no picture,i assume its the screen.

It should have a monitor output on the back, try plugging a monitor into it.

i plugged in my monitor and still no picture was available?there is power to the laptop.coz when i press eject for the DVD drive then it ejects.

In that case, you need to get it looked at by a professional.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.